What are your credentials?
- 2nd Kyu / Purple Sash
- Senior Leader
When did you join Shi’hing Kung Fu?
Have you ever studied any other form of martial arts?
- Lau Gar Kung Fu (orange sash)
- Tae-kwon Do (green belt with blue tag)
What interested you in Kung Fu as a style?
Having been studying martial arts since childhood, I have always been attracted to the softness of the style, which is absent in other styles. There is an art in the traditional elements, which I simply adore.
How would you describe your teaching style?
I’m firm, but thorough. I like to make sure that students are getting the best out of their time with maximum understanding.
What do you like to teach?
- Traditional forms / patterns
Do you have a favourite technique(s)?
- Custom forms / patterns
- Weapons defences
What advice would you give to someone who wants to learn a martial art?
- Make sure that you’re doing it for the right reasons.
- Take care in your patience.
- Never judge or compare yourself to higher grades.
- Just be mindful of what you learn, and how you can improve.